Ultimate Design Tail Lights Installed

So today after work I installed those LED tail lights for the missus, Very easy to install and we had no dramas. One thing that I was a little worried about, Was that the USDM 240sx’s had a different wiring layout to the JD/AUDM 200sx’s, But thankfully this isn’t the case. The old lights are now for sale too, If anyone is interested. Some coilovers and Origin wheels are probably the next items on the list for the S14.

Stick around!

Before:

After:


Advertisements

The Bug Has Bitten


Well my car’s build might be slowing down, But it seems that Julie’s has just begun. She ordered a set of LED tail lights on saturday, And they are already here! We’ll be putting them in within a couple of days. Boy do they look nice.

Looks like the Roadster is going to throw the towel, I let it warm up for a few minutes whilst I was closing up the workshop, And the amount of junk that came out of the exhaust was shocking. Still deciding what to do at the moment.

Stick around!

Panda’s S14

As some might know, Julie (Or Panda as I like to call her) is an utter car nut like myself. She has owned a Nissan S14 now for quite a few years, And just recently Panda is starting to change things up. There’s a lot of things she doesn’t like about the car (that the previous owner changed), And she has a lot of ideas floating in her head. From what I hear (almost every day) It should be quite an interesting build.

So today, We decided to get rid of the tacky el-glo ricer gauges that were installed from purchase. It has been on our list for quite a while, So it was a relief to see these things finally banished!

Julie bought these cluster lights off Ebay. Neogauge make a great set of LED’s, It’s what I have in my MX-5 currently and I haven’t had a problem with them since purchase.  Anyway, the cluster removal was quite simple, Just look for the screws around the steering surround and cluster piece. Pull them off then undo the three screws that bolt the gauge cluster in. You’ll then have access to the cluster.  I then needed to remove the gauge face and bezel to get to the gauge face.


Seeing that we were never going to use these gauge faces again, I simply cut them off to avoid playing around with the needles. Volia! Evil ricer gauge faces are gone!


After that, I installed the LED’s into the cluster. It looks much better now!


Stick around for more updates on the S14!

Static Saturday!


Well today was a busy day for both me and the missus. We woke up early in the morning and went on our way to Just Jap in Kirrawee. You see, “Panda” (as I like to call my missus) has been wanting spacers for her S14 for a long time, And she finally decided that today, She was to buy them.

So anyway I fitted them up for her, And the wheels now sit perfectly, Just a bit of poke and the sidewall is caressing the inner guard. The spacers effectively change the offset to +13.


So after I finished playing with the S14, I drawed my attention to the Roadster. Seeing I rocked it top down all night, I did get a little wet. So I needed to air it out. One thing that worried me though was that I managed to get a fair bit of water in the boot, Which I’ll need to look at before the next event.

Anyway, I took Panda as a passenger for the night but only had the one helmet. So I loaned my buddy Lionel’s helmet, Which just happened to be an open face. I decided to use it for the night, and fell in love with it. So after we finished up at Just Jap, We headed off to The Helmet Warehouse and picked up this approved RXT helmet for only $79.95! This was the exact helmet I wore last night, And was extremely comfortable throughout the night.


I didn’t grab much for myself at Just Jap, Just some silicone joiners for an idea I had. Some might remember my previous setup for the 3 inch joiners onto the AFM (If not, Check this out), But this seemed to be rather ineffective as when the tape would gain heat, It would become soft and change shape, Resulting in blocking the AFM and killing the car’s performance. So the plan was to use a 2.5 inch jointer and cut it so it sits snug on the AFM, and clamp the 3 inch joiner onto that.


This works like a charm! I no longer need to worry about the tape deforming and blocking stuff up.

So yeah, thats what I got up to today. Hopefully I’ll find some snaps of the Roadster in action and I can get them up here!

Stick around!