Just Another Day

Well last night I fitted the bomex bumper back, And whilst I was moving the cars around I snapped this cool picture. The colour difference is pretty noticable, But I’m not really fussed to be honest.


So anyway, I played around with the micra a little today, I installed the JDM cup holder thing finally, And took it for a spin around the block. It goes well  and it doesn’t make any nasty sounds. Every time I have another look at the K11, I find something new that my previous K11 didn’t have, This time the interior light slowly dims when the door closes rather than just turning off instantly. I can’t wait till we finally get it registered.


Oh yeah, A while ago I made a new intake for it, Seeing there is no A/C, There is nothing blocking the left  side of the engine bay, So new intake now draws in air from there. Excuse the mess!

This weekend, I am doing a photo shoot with MS Photography, As the RG MX-5 will be in the next issue of Miata Journal, It should be a fun weekend!

Stick around!

Advertisements

Hanging Out At Adan’s House


Well I haven’t seen Adan for a WHOLE WEEK!, He was free and so was I, So I headed over to his joint to get some shit sorted on the car. First up, I wanted to get these sideskirts fitted. So off we went to Repco to get some sealant and race tape.

The passenger side skirt lines up like shit, But the driver’s side is pretty spot on … funny that. The colour isn’t too bad either, I mean it could be better but  for a spray can job, I think it turned out pretty damn good.


Next up were the D1 Generation bonnet pins. Now these were a little tricky, But Adan managed to get it all sorted, Heres how it started, Sorting out where we wanted them to sit etc.


Next up, Adan got to work with his trusty hack saw.

An hour or so later, These puppies were installed! Not only do they replace those other stupid ones I had, They actually work! Oh and they don’t look too bad either.


Funnily enough, The main reason to go to his place was to pick up my wheel/tyre that I got Adan to take to Twilight Drift for me, But we both managed to forget about it! MMM, I still need to get some more paint for this bumper, It is definitely too light as is. I’ll sort it out within the next few days.

Getting There

 

Well, What a day I’ve had! I got up at 7am this morning to head to my mates studio, And I got back at 10pm! We spend a whopping 12 hours making a track.  Anyway, As soon as I got home, I really wanted to get the sideskirts painted so they could be fitted tomorrow. So I did just that, And they came out great ! They are a very similar colour to the car which is a good thing. I don’t know if it’s my tired eyes, But I think the bumper needs a few more coats of paint. I’ll need to buy another can tomorrow.

On It’s Way


So today I started painting the sideskirts, But I ran into a few issues. The spray can started to leak and caused a lot of drip marks on the sideskirts, Shortly after that, the paint started to fog up and was looking rather frosty. I was pretty pissed off to say the least. So I dropped everything, Cooled down for a little and headed over to Peps to get some more paint. Turns out the supplier had labeled the cans wrong, So with my acrylic paint, I had enamel thinners matched with it. Peps were more than happy to supply me with 2 new cans for free, And I bought another can for good measure.


So anyway, I managed to get the front bumper painted and cleared, And the skirts have been sanded back, Ready for a repaint. Hopefully I’ll have time to finish off the skirts this weekend.

In other news, I scored a free set of Bridgestone tyres … Awesome!

Prep Work


Well today I decided to get some paintwork on my body kit. So off I went to the local Peps auto parts to get some paint made up. I then headed off to Repco to get some other goodies.

So I spent the night prepping the skirts and bumper for paint tomorrow. I started off with a 400 grit, then worked up to a 800 grit, Finishing it off with a 1200 grit wet and dry sand paper.

I then gave the bits a wipe over with some wax & grease remover and hit it with the primer. Tomorrow I should be able to lay a few layers of paint on the kit.

Random Snap – 014

Still sorting out the ride height, But heres a decent picture with all the wheels mounted.

Full Steam Ahead

The Driving Sports twilight drift event was awesome! I had an absolute blast. Great atmosphere, low waiting times, and lots of sliding is what It’s all about. Adan and I squeezed in at least 10 runs on the night, And it had us begging for more. I was the lone MX-5 at the event, and the only car rocking top down all night. I’ll be at next months event for sure, hopefully I’ll be a little more prepared next time too.


So anyway, the night managed to mangle my rear tyres pretty badly. I thought about it briefly and figured I’d get some second-hand tyres for the Superlites. I managed to get a pair of Fire Stone’s for under $100 … Score!


As soon as I got home, It was time to mount them to the car. I’m pretty happy with the result, The blue goes well with the car colour, and the tyre profile is just a tad bigger then the 195/50’s. It was just what I was after. Saying that though, It needs to go a tad lower.

That’s not all I did today, I ended up fitting the bomex bumper too. Fitment is … ok, The passenger side’s fitment is pretty spot on. The driver’s side isn’t so good. Still, it’s good enough for me, Hell the factory bumper didn’t even line up properly.


Oh yeah, Yesterday the sideskirts rocked up at work. These weren’t so bad fitment wise, but needed to be trimmed down in a few places.


All fitted up using nothing more than a bunch of cable ties, And race tape. I want to see if I have any problems with the way I have fitted it before I paint the kit.


I’ll be looking for another pair of second-hand tyres for the Superlites, sort out the height and get a wheel alignment. Paint the kit and do some more skids.

Stick Around!